★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 112




                                               

Aberdeen, Ohio County, Indiana

The first settlement of Aberdeen was made in 1814. It was named after Aberdeen, Scotland. A post office was established in Aberdeen in 1852, and remained in operation until it was repealed in 1880.

                                               

Aboite, Indiana

Aboite was originally settled as a tram stop at the intersection of Toledo, United States of America and Western railway Aboite road. The community name derives from the French word for "minnow". A post office was established in Aboite, in 1833, ...

                                               

Ade, Indiana

ADE was laid out as a town in 1906. It was named for George ade, American writer, newspaper columnist, and playwright, born in nearby kentland and died in nearby brook. A post office was established in hell in 1904, and remained in operation unti ...

                                               

Adyeville, Indiana

A post office was established in Adyeville in 1862 and remained in operation until 1966. Andrew J. Adye, the first postmaster, gave the community its name. Adyeville was platted in 1873.

                                               

Africa, Indiana

                                               

Ainsworth, Indiana

Ainsworth was an unincorporated community in Ross township, lake County, Indiana. The Grand trunk railway was extended to Ainsworth in 1880. In the early 1990-ies in the area where Ainsworth was annexed to Hobart. Unsuccessful attempt to fight th ...

                                               

Aix, Indiana

A post office was established in the Former in 1892, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1909. The community is likely named in honor of AIX-EN-Provence in France.

                                               

Albion, Scott County, Indiana

                                               

Aldine, Indiana

                                               

Alford, Indiana

                                               

Algiers, Indiana

Algeria was founded in 1868. The community was named in honor of Algeria, capital of Algeria. The old version of the name of the community was called Delectible. Post office under the name of Algiers was created in 1885, and remained in operation ...

                                               

Alida, Indiana

Alida began at the junction of the Baltimore and Ohio and the Louisville, new Albany and Corydon railway. Alida contained a post office from 1876 to 1932.

                                               

Allendale, Indiana

Allendale is an unincorporated community in South Central Vigo County, Indiana, in the Town of Honey Creek. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan statistical area.

                                               

Alta, Indiana

Alta is located half a mile West of the Wabash river and about half a mile South of the town of Hillsdale, at the intersection of County road 775 South and East 400. The North-South CSX railroad routes to the East from Alta.

                                               

Alvarado, Indiana

A post office was established in Alvarado in 1855, and remained in operation until 1904. The old version of the name of the community was called Richland center. In 1849, the Alvarado United Methodist Church was built and still in service.

                                               

America, Indiana

America is an unincorporated community in liberty township, Wabash County, Indiana. It is located in the Eastern part of neighbouring town of La Fontaine.

                                               

Ames, Indiana

Ames is an unincorporated community in Union township, Montgomery County, Indiana. It is located in the city of Crawfordsville.

                                               

Apalona, Indiana

                                               

Arcola, Indiana

Arcola is an unincorporated community in lake township, Allen County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. Once a booming train station for farm products and a regional U.S. postal station in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, in recent years devel ...

                                               

Arda, Indiana

                                               

Ardmore, Indiana

                                               

Ari, Indiana

                                               

Armiesburg, Indiana

When General William Henry Harrison took an army from Vincennes to the battle of Tippecanoe in late 1811, Zachariah Cicott served as a scout. Cicott was familiar with the area because of his time trading up and down the Wabash river, starting aro ...

                                               

Armstrong, Indiana

                                               

Arrowhead Park, Indiana

                                               

Arthur, Indiana

Arthur or Arthur junction due to its location at the junction of Indiana 61 and 64, an unincorporated community in Patoka township, pike County, Indiana.

                                               

Artic, Indiana

                                               

Ash Iron Springs, Indiana

Ash iron springs received its name from James ash, of a farmer who settled there in the mid-19th century. Water from a nearby spring at the local level, and have medicinal qualities.

                                               

Ashby Yards, Indiana

                                               

Ashland, Indiana

Ashland was originally called station Mullens. The city was officially renamed in Ashland, probably after the Ashland, Ohio in 1850-ies. A post office was established as Ashland in 1848 and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1910.

                                               

Asphaltum, Indiana

Asphaltum was platted by B. F. rouse in 1901 at the peak of the oil boom in the region. The refinery was built by the American lubricating and refining company and operated for a short time. Oil wells that led to the creation of cities, fed small ...

                                               

Athens, Indiana

Athens is an unincorporated community hamlet in Henry township, Fulton County, Indiana, originally called Hoover station. The citys name is pronounced with a long a and accent on the first syllable. A post office established as grant, on December ...

                                               

Atherton, Indiana

Atherton is an unincorporated community in the Northern village of otter Creek, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan area.

                                               

Auburn Junction, Indiana

Connections Auburn has been at the crossroads of three roads near Auburn, hence the name. To Auburn junction railroad, Baltimore & Ohio river railroad eel, and Fort Wayne, Jackson & Saginaw railroads all met in the classroom. The only thing left ...

                                               

Augusta, Indiana

The first permanent settlement in Augusta were made in 1860. A post office was established in Augusta in 1874 and remained in operation until 1920.

                                               

Aylesworth, Porter County, Indiana

                                               

Ayrshire, Indiana

A post office was established in Ayrshire in 1886 and remained in operation until 1917. The community probably got its name from Ayrshire in Scotland.

                                               

Babcock, Indiana

                                               

Baileys Corner, Indiana

                                               

Bainter Town, Indiana

                                               

Bakers Corner, Indiana

A post office was established at bakers corner in 1873, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1900. Members of the Baker family served as early postmasters of.

                                               

Bakertown, Indiana

                                               

Baldwin Heights, Indiana

                                               

Balhinch, Indiana

Balhinch two-mile square unincorporated community in Union township, Montgomery County, Indiana. Balhinch include Rattlesnake Canyon and a cemetery, Weir.

                                               

Bandon, Indiana

                                               

Banquo, Indiana

                                               

Barbee, Indiana

                                               

Barnard, Indiana

Barnard was originally named Fort Red, and under the latter name was laid out in 1876. Real name Calvin Barnard, the original owner of the site of the city. A post office was established in Fort Red in 1876, the name was changed to Barnard in 188 ...

                                               

Barnhart Town, Indiana

Barnhart town is an unincorporated community in sugar Creek, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan area.

                                               

Barrett, Indiana

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →