★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 172




                                               

Brighton, Indiana

Brighton was originally called the Lexington, and under the latter name was laid out in 1836. Post office under the name of Brighton was founded in 1837, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1911.

                                               

Brimstone Corners, Indiana

                                               

Bristow, Indiana

                                               

Broad Park, Indiana

A post office was established in a wide Park in 1892, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1903. The community name derives from the names of two local landowners, J. C. Broadstreet and Hugh Parker.

                                               

Brookfield, Indiana

Brookfield began in the early 1850s, when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office was established in Brookfield in 1859 and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904.

                                               

Brookmoor, Indiana

                                               

Brown Jug Corner, Indiana

Brown jug corner is an unincorporated community in Pierson township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan area.

                                               

Browns Corner, Indiana

Browns corner began as a trading post for the surrounding community. A post office was founded as Browns corners in 1870, and it was renamed in the corner of the Browns in 1893. The post office was again renamed Toledo in 1893 and remained in ope ...

                                               

Browns Crossing, Indiana

                                               

Browns Valley, Indiana

Browns valley was originally known as Brownsville, and under the latter name was platted in 1836 by Matthias VanCleave. The community was named in honor of its place in brown township. A post office was established in the valley of Browns in 1850 ...

                                               

Bruce Lake Station, Indiana

                                               

Brunerstown, Indiana

Brunerstown was founded in 1837 Joseph Bruner, and named after him. A post office was established in Brunerstown in 1839, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1859.

                                               

Brunswick, Indiana

                                               

Buchanan, Indiana

                                               

Buckeye, Indiana

Buckeye had its start in 1879, when railroad construction through the territory. A post office was established at Buckeye in 1879, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1920.

                                               

Buddha, Indiana

Buddha is an unincorporated community in Guthrie township, Lawrence County, Indiana. The local pronunciation of the name is traditionally "Boo-Dee", rhyming with "Judy", though younger residents often say in accordance with the religious concept.

                                               

Buffaloville, Indiana

Buffaloville used to be called Buffalo. The city was founded in 1860 as the Buffalo. A post office was established in 1860 in Buffalo, the post office was renamed in the same year, in Buffaloville, and the post office was discontinued in 1982.

                                               

Bufkin, Indiana

                                               

Bullocktown, Indiana

Old version community name was bullock. A post office was founded under the name bullock in 1892 and remained in operation until 1903. John A. bullock served in the early postmaster, and gave the community its name.

                                               

Bunker Hill, Washington County, Indiana

                                               

Burdick, Indiana

A post office was established in Burdick in 1871, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1933. The community was named for A. S. Burdick, an entrepreneur in the wood industry.

                                               

Burnett, Indiana

Burnett is an unincorporated community in otter Creek township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan statistical area.

                                               

Burr Oak, Marshall County, Indiana

                                               

Burr Oak, Noble County, Indiana

A post office was established in Burr oak in 1848, but was soon discontinued, in 1850. The community probably got its name from the nearby Burr oak school was built in 1840.

                                               

Busseron, Indiana

Busseron was surveyed by George Calhoun, in 1854. W. W. Harper, A. J. Mak-clur and T. p. Emison were the owners. It was a station on the railroad, the Evansville & Terre Haute. In the early 1920s, Busseron was not so much the city and just a trai ...

                                               

Butler Center, Indiana

The Butler center is an unincorporated community in Butler township, DeKalb County, Indiana. Center hotel Butler is located in the geographical center of Butler township, hence the name.

                                               

Buttermilk Point, Indiana

                                               

Byron, LaPorte County, Indiana

Byron was laid out and platted in 1836. Byron was once considered the center of trade in the region. With the construction of the Northern railway Indiana, business activity shifted to other cities, especially around the hilly steppe, and Byrons ...

                                               

Caborn, Indiana

Caborn was founded in 1871 Cornelius Caborn, and named after him. A post office was established in Caborn in 1876 and remained in operation until 1911.

                                               

Cagle Mill, Indiana

                                               

Cale, Indiana

The community was originally named new Cale, and was located approximately one mile North of its current location. When John Walsh built a railroad through the area in the 1870s, some people moved from the original settlement to a new location to ...

                                               

Camp Brosend, Indiana

                                               

Camp Flat Rock, Indiana

                                               

Campbelltown, Indiana

                                               

Capehart, Indiana

                                               

Carpentersville, Indiana

Carpentersville was founded in about 1840, Philip carpenter, and named after him. A post office was established in Carpentersville in 1850 and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1910.

                                               

Carrollton, Hancock County, Indiana

                                               

Cary, Indiana

                                               

Castle Garden, Indiana

                                               

Cato, Indiana

A post office was established in Cato in 1894 and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1903. According to Ronald L. Baker, the community may be named in honor of Cato, new York.

                                               

Cedar Point, Kosciusko County, Indiana

                                               

Cedar, Indiana

                                               

Celestine, Indiana

Celestine is an unincorporated community village Hall, Dubois County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. In 2008, the population of Celestine 250. The community is home to the Roman Catholic Church.

                                               

Celina, Indiana

A post office was established in Celina in 1870 and remained in operation until 1940, for most of this period the post office was located in the house of Jacob Rickenbaugh. According to Ronald L. Baker, the community may be named after Celina, Ohio.

                                               

Center Grove, Indiana

Center Grove is an unincorporated community located in the village of White River, Johnson County, Indiana. The area got its name from the center grove school Corporation.

                                               

Center Valley, Morgan County, Indiana

                                               

Center, Warrick County, Indiana

                                               

Centerville, Spencer County, Indiana

Centerville began in the early 1840-ies. Old version the name of the community was in Auckland. A post office called Oakland was founded in 1847, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1895.

                                               

Ceylon, Indiana

A post office was established in Ceylon in 1884, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1895. Ceylon was probably named in honor of the British colony of Ceylon.

                                               

Chain-O-Lakes, Indiana

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →