Back

ⓘ House of Simonovich




House of Simonovich
                                     

ⓘ House of Simonovich

The House of Simonovich is an object of cultural heritage which settles down the street Chekhova, 30 in the city of Taganrog of the Rostov Oblast. According to the Resolution of the Head of administration of the Rostov region of 16/01/1995 № 7, is subject to preservation and restoration.

                                     

1. History and description

The merchant Chilikin built the new house down the street of Chekhov, 30 after the 1850s. He owned it till 1890s, then sold to the Rostov merchant Markus Gordon. In 1906 the house changed the owner again, Logachev became him. And from 1915 to 1918 Simonovich in honor of whom the building also received the historical name owned the house. Though the owner did not live in the house - leased it for needs of District police department. In some part of rooms, the district committee on land affairs was located. In the house, the printing house worked. In the 21st century, it is a house.

The house is two-storeyed, constructed of a stone. The porch with an openwork canopy settles down not on the center - is displaced to the right. The corner of the house possesses the rounded form, over it, there is an original pediment. The Nadokonny space is decorated by different elements of a decor.